Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
Acquisition will expand Kyocera’s reach across North American residential, manufacturing and industrial professional tool and fastener markets
May 13, 2019
Kyoto/London – Kyocera Corporation today announced that it has concluded an agreement to acquire 100 % ownership of SouthernCarlson, Inc. (CEO: Kenneth D. Sweder), a U.S. distributor of tools, fasteners, packaging, and facility supplies, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Under the agreement, SouthernCarlson will operate as a U.S.-based subsidiary of Kyocera.
SouthernCarlson serves a broad array of end markets from over 150 branches across North America. It is a leading distributor of the most recognized and highest-quality brands of construction fasteners, tools, packaging, facility supplies, and tool repair services.
Kyocera entered the industrial tools market in the 1970s with a line of high-speed metal processing tools and has steadily expanded into precision tools for automotive, aerospace, energy, medical, and woodworking applications. With the acquisition of SouthernCarlson, Kyocera will serve a wider range of customers across the North American residential, manufacturing, and industrial professional tool and fastener markets.
Overview of SouthernCarlson, Inc.
|Company name||SouthernCarlson, Inc.|
|Global headquarters||Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A.|
|Main business||Distribution of fastening tools, fasteners, packaging, and facility supplies|
|Associates||Approximately 1,100 (as of March 31, 2019)|
For more information on Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Targets 30 % Greenhouse Gas Reduction by 2030, Recognized by Science Based Targets Initiative
- Kyocera and BYD Japan to Collaborate on Integrated Energy System for Electric Vehicles
- Announcement of the 2019 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging